Every race registration also gets a ticket to the evening concert, featuring OTHERWISE & friends, at Las Vegas Golf Center.
We are raising funds to buy more guitars for high school music programs in Clark County, continue to produce our regular in-person events & to develop these music programs:
- For kids 4-7 years old – Online course for our “Guitar Magic” program
- For middle – high schoolers – Online course for our 4-week “Rocking Guitar” program
- For kids 13-18 years old – Online course for our upcoming 6-week “LBM Sessions” program. This curriculum takes participants from an introduction to music and guitar, to collaborating with other instruments, to a full-band jam session and an introduction to recording.
How we are being mindful about Covid-19:
The Rock ‘n’ Run 5K is a socially responsible and safe event.
The following guidelines outline measures being taken to reduce the risk for participants, volunteers and the community.
With attention to density reduction:
- We will institute measures to increase space for participants and personnel in high-traffic areas.
- There will be several different start configurations to reduce the number of participants waiting in an enclosed area and to optimize social distancing.
- Modification or elimination of non-essential race services and functions, such as expo and merchandise may also occur.
With attention to enhanced hygiene:
- Hand sanitizer, hand washing stations and disinfectant wipes will be readily available around our event. Cleaning of common venue areas will be enhanced.
- Staff and volunteers will be provided with face coverings, and are required to wear the face covering properly at all times around the event venue. Disposable gloves will be used in applicable areas.
With attention to additional screening:
- We are providing training for staff and volunteers in appropriate personal health, personal hygiene, and safe support in necessary functional areas.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers will be required to respond to a pre-event health questionnaire.
- Individuals with a body temperature greater than 100.4° Fahrenheit, or 38° Celsius will not be allowed to participate, volunteer or work.
With attention to minimizing touch-points:
- We will be reducing or removing points of interaction between staff, participants, and volunteers without compromising event safety and security.
- Areas such as; packet pick-up, expo, merchandise, and finish line will be designed as virtually as possible.
- Aid stations will be reconfigured with more space to minimize both participant-to volunteer and participant-to-participant touchpoints.
We are taking the necessary precautions so you can race safely and have a great time!